Wednesday 28 August 2013

Burberry does rubber


My love for things rubber and shiny started when I spied this Topshop skirt when I was on Oxford Street the other day. I love it so much and I've seen loads of bloggers wearing it. But I couldn't quite justify the price tag which was just under £40. I'm on the hunt for a more purse friendly alternative and scouring ebay, asos sale etc. 
Now I've always been a fan of leather and pvc that's no secret. But I love this whole rubber trend kicked off by Burberry. The classic Burberry trench updated by rubber accents looks incredible and so luxurious. I especially love the oxblood/burgundy colour. This has filtered down to stars like Caroline Flack and Rita Ora who have been seen wearing the see through Burberry rubber skirt with heart print knickers also by Burberry. And of course I always look to Lady Gaga for outfit inspiration when fetish wear is involved. You would achieve a pretty similar look to hers with the Topshop skirt and a leather bralet, (hair in a bow, optional). 

I think a shiny patent, pvc or rubber pencil skirt is actually quite versatile. I would wear on a night out with a bralet or a light camisole and some chunky heels. But you could also wear this during the day with a big fluffy jumper tucked in and some small heeled chunky boots. Definitely need to invest in a shiny skirt! Watch this space!

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to follow me on bloglovin, or twitter/instagram/tumblr etc if you like my posts. Links are below! 

twitter  instagram ♥ tumblr  bloglovin  

No comments:

Post a Comment